Friday, March 20, 2020

Dino Days Hello - Stampin' Up! Dino Days

  TGIF! Or is it Tuesday?  Saturday??  I think a lot of us are having a hard time remembering what day it is without those touchstone reminders of a regular week!  I have been a bit of a stickler making the boys get up (not quite as early as a normal school day though, I'm not a complete monster!), eat, get dressed and start on school work every morning.  I think we all do better with a schedule even if it's modified to fit these crazy times.  And keeping everyone on track in the morning allows me to head to the stamp room in the afternoon for some paper therapy.  Win win!

  I think a lot of my cards will be thinking of you and hello cards for now.  I'm going to try to send out a few cards a week to people just to keep in touch and hopefully brighten their day while we are all staying close to home these days.  I am planning on checking with my church to see about some homebound members who might enjoy some fun mail as their daily contacts might be dwindling down to just one or 2 carers.

  One positive to being at home more with less 'to do' responsibilities is that I've had a chance to do some stamping challenges and have time to photograph and edit. Today's card was inspired by the sketch at Hand Stamped Sentiments

  Dino Days hadn't seen ink in a bit and is a fun cheerful set to make a hello card with.



  I followed the sketch pretty closely and mixed in some greenery using the Tropical Chic stamp set.  The leaves work well with the Dinoroar DSP.   The Whisper White circle die cut (from the Painted Labels dies) was in my pile of card parts and I even was able to use some retired Old Olive candy dots.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Dino Days, Tropical Chic, Free as a Bird (sentiment)

Ink: Mango Melody, Old Olive, Pretty Peacock

Paper: Old Olive, Pool Party, Whisper White, Dinoroar DSP

Accessories: Dino dies, Painted Labels dies, Coastal Weave embossing folder, Tropical dies, dimensionals, Crushed Curry baker's twine (retired), candy dots (retired), faceted gems


3 comments:

  1. Such a lovely uplifting card - that dinosaur is so cute. I agree as card makers we could send out our cards to help people - on my Facebook group with have a RAK group for cards to be sent all over the world. I've even started to ring and thank those people who are still continuing to work to help the rest of us - strange times indeed. Thank you for joining us at HSS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I'm loving your dinosaur in the tropics. Such a whimsical and cheerful card. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card! Perfect for that little guy. So glad you joined us at HSS.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!