Friday, November 30, 2018

Christmas at Home - Stampin' Up! At Home With You

  I'm working on getting my Christmas cards in order to mail out as soon as I can get a decent picture of my children to include in them.  I swear there is some genetic mutation in my kids that prevents them both from smiling nicely at the same time for a photo.  If one is smiling and looking at the camera the other one has his eyes closed and is smiling like it's the most painful thing in the world.  If the one is smiling with his eyes open the other is tilting his head in a way that makes him look like a complete stranger and not my child all the while stretching his smile so big I can see the back of his mouth.  I might have to resort to some photoshopping.  I believe this is one of the reasons the holiday season can be so stressful lol!

  When I received my holiday catalog preorder and I was looking through the Festive Farmhouse DSP checking out all the designs I thought the one white woodgrain one kind of looked like house siding.  That idea stuck so I went with it and pulled out my long neglected At Home With You stamp set and At Home framelits.

  I couldn't decide initally which color cardstock would make the better base so I ended up making the same card twice varying the base and door color.  Which do you like better?

Gray Granite

Smoky Slate
 It was fun using my Stampin' Blends to do the coloring since the color is so rich it really pops against the neutrals.

  I used the die to cut the door so that it would pop open but for the pictures I used some repositionable adhesive to close them.  On the inside of the door I stamped Merry Christmas.

  The porch accessories are all popped on dimensionals except for the door mat and I added red rhinestones to the potted bushes for a little sparkle.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: At Home With You

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Black, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight

Paper: Gray Granite, Smoky Slate, Festive Farmhouse DSP, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White

Accessories: At Home framelits, dimensionals, red rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!