Friday, November 16, 2018

So Many Snowflakes - Stampin' Up! Snow is Glistening

  Well today's card is appropriate for much of the Northeast!  While it was just rainy here in Central VA yesterday a bit further north and they were seeing the white stuff!  Maybe some even have a snow day today?  It's nice and sunny though cold here.  It felt good to walk Alex to school this morning and have the sunshine on our faces.

  I've been having a lot of fun with the Snow is Glistening stamp set and coordinating Snowfall Thinlets dies.  I love a classic snowflake set for not only Christmas card but Christmas thank yous as well as all purpose winter cards.  It's a limited time only suite of products so be sure to order sooner rather than later.


  With all the gray rainy weather we've been having my photographs have suffered somewhat and even editing doesn't help too much so bear with me!  I designed this card for the CAS-ual Fridays challenge.  The sketch seemed like it was made for snowflakes! 

  The card base is Crumb Cake then a layer of Real Red and then a layer of Festive Farmhouse DSP.

  The center strip is Real Red with the sentiment embossed in white.  I tied a bit of retired Pool Party baker's twine around for a little detail.  My retired ribbon/twine collection is getting out of hand!

  The smaller snowflakes are Pool Party and the larger ones are the now discontinued White Velvet paper.  Demonstrators must have gone nuts because it sold out very quickly.  It's a nice kind of flocked texture but really on this design Whisper White snowflakes would look the same so this is easy enough to re-create without the Velvet paper.

  I popped the larger snowflakes with mini dimensionals and put a Pearl White basic sequin in the center.  I used my Dark Pool Party Blends marker and colored a few rhinestones to add a bit of sparkle.  I love that the Blends can be used on a lot of the accessories to make customized details.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Snow is Glistening

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Pool Party, White Velvet (retired), Festive Farmhouse DSP

Accessories: Snowfall Thinlets, white embossing powder, baker's twine (retired), sequins, rhinestones, dimensionals



3 comments:

  1. Your snowflakes are a perfect fit for our challenge! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! I know what you mean we've been getting lots of snow here in MI. I'm also playing around with snowflakes on my cards! Thanks for playing along at the CAS-ual Friday's Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!