Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Celebrate Nature - Stampin' Up! Notes of Nature

 The Notes of Nature bundle continues to get a lot of use in my stamp room.  The images and die cuts are just so versatile.  I used them with a color combo from a recently closed challenge; Color Throwdown. Kraft, Green and Blue seemed like a good fit for this bundle.   I translated the challenge colors into Stampin' Up!'s  Boho Blue, Garden Green and Crumb Cake.


  I was going for a masculine nature inspired birthday card.  Guys should get texture and interest in their birthday cards so I have layering and distressing that hopefully doesn't cross into the "fussy" realm!  

  This one starts with a Crumb Cake base.  Then I added a piece of 2023-2025 In Color DSP in Boho Blue and distressed the edges before adhering it.

  I stamped the leaf image in Garden Green then colored it in with Soft Sea Foam blends.  It's adhered with dimensionals on a Crumb Cake circle die cut . 2 vellum leaf sprigs are tucked behind it before adding it to the card front over a narrow piece of Garden Green card stock.

  I used the Thoughtful Moments hybrid embossing folder/dies to create the "celebrate" using Garden Green ink and then filling in the letters with Soft Sea Foam blends.  More dimensionals are used to adhere it to the card front.

  To embellish this card I added a few retired Crumb Cake adhesive-backed speckled dots as well as a linen thread bow that I found in my newly organized scrap ribbon stash (did you see my Instagram reel a few weeks ago??).

  All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Notes of Nature

Ink: Garden Green

Blends: Soft Sea Foam light & dark

Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic White, Garden Green, vellum, 2023-2025 In Color DSP

Accessories: Notes of Nature dies, Stylish Shapes dies, dimensionals. Thoughtful Moments hybrid embossing folder/dies, linen thread, adhesive-backed speckled dots (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!