Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Be Still Bookmarks - Stampin' Up! Petal Park

   I don't make many projects that aren't cards but I was asked if I would decorate some small bags for an all day women's retreat my church was hosting so I said of course!  After consulting with the organizer I decided to do tags that doubled as a bookmark for after the retreat.  


  The theme of the retreat was "Be Still" so the organizer had found a stamp online so I used that along with the color purple since it is Lent.

  Since I was making about 65 of the bookmarks I had to search through my retired DSP to find a pattern that I had enough of to make that many tags.  Luckily the Dandy Designs DSP that was a host reward a few years back had had enough sheets of this Fresh Freesia plaid left!  I used the retired tag punch to make the shape on both the DSP and a piece of Gorgeous Grape.  I adhered the Gorgeous Grape to the back of the DSP to make for a more sturdy bookmark.

  The Be Still was stamped in Gorgeous Grape ink and I used the smallest of the Perennial Postage dies to cut it out.  I was happy to use up a lot of small scraps of Basic White for this element!

 Next I stamped the trio of flowers from the Petal Park stamp set.  Gorgeous Grape is used for the outline and it's filled in with Fresh Freesia for the second of the 2 step stamps.  The Petal Park builder punch made quick work of the punching out the flowers.

  Before adhering the flowers I tied some white satin-y ribbon through the hole.  The ribbon was part of a leftover stash that I found in the church's arts and crafts supply closet so it was nice to be able to put something extra like this to use.


  The final step was to tie all the bookmarks to the handles of the little brown bags before they went off to be filled.

  This was a fun project for me to do with minimal supplies and cost but which I think added a nice little touch for the retreat.

  All of the current supplies used to make this project can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Petal Park, non-SU "Be Still"

Ink: Gorgeous Grape, Fresh Freesia

Paper: Basic White, Gorgeous Grape (back of the tag), Dandy Designs DSP (retired)

Accessories: Tag punch (retired), Perennial Postage dies, Petal Park builder punch, dimensionals, non-SU white ribbon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!