Saturday, January 13, 2024

Zany Hearts - Stampin' Up! Zany Zoo

    I'm playing along with the Global Design Project challenge to use hearts on our project.  I was going to go with the obvious Valentine's day sort of card but it kind of veered to a hello card when I didn't have any teeny tiny sentiments for V-day that would fit where I wanted to stamp it.  The heart (haha!) wants what the heart wants I guess!


  This one starts with a Basic White thick base with narrow strips of cardstock through the center for a rainbow-ish effect.  It's always satisfying using up some of those 1/2" strips that I just can't throw away.  

  The Tailor Made Tags die gave me a nice landing spot for the raccoon from Zany Zoo.  I stamped him on a piece of scrap cardstock and masked off the balloons he's holding.  Using Blends I colored him in and then extended the balloon strings with my black Stampin' Write marker. Some fussy cutting then found him ready to be adhered to the tag.

  I made new balloons using the Bee Builder punch mini heart and the same colors I used for the strips.  The top balloon is covered with Wink of Stella and appears darker but it's the same Flirty Flamingo as the strip.  

  I added some Petal Pink Duo Ribbon to the tag and then stamped the sentiment.  You can find this small 'hello' in the Notes of Nature stamp set.  It's part of a larger sentiment so I just inked up the part I wanted with my marker and added it to the top of the tag.  Finally a few dimensionals adhered the tag to the card front.

  Final touch are a few Rainbow adhesive-backed dots under the strips to balance the tag.

  All of the products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Zany Zoo, Notes of Nature

Ink: Memento Black, Azure Afternoon

Blends: Smoky Slate light & dark, Gray Granite dark

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Flirty Flamingo, Petal Pink, Lemon Lolly, Coastal Cabana, Azure Afternoon

Accessories: Tailor Made Tags dies, Bee Builder punch, dimensionals, Petal Pink ribbon, Wink of Stella, Rainbow adhesive-backed dots



1 comment:

  1. SO cute! I love your pastel striped background that matches those fun balloons! Just adorable! I think Zany Zoo is such a great set...can be used for so many occasions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!