Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Patchwork Valentine - Stampin' Up! Bee My Valentine

   My card today is a 3 for 1 deal!  I used the Patchwork Pieces dies to make a bright, fun background to show off the adorable bee in the Bee My Valentine stamp set.



  I pulled my main colors from the SUO Challenge.  They want us to use some of the colors from the Bee Mine DSP so I'm using Lemon Lime Twist, Sweet Sorbet and Pool Party for the main colors of my cards.


  To make the patchwork background I took panels of Lemon Lime Twist, Sweet Sorbet and Pool Party and gave them a little boost.  The Sweet Sorbet one got stamped with hearts, the Lemon Lime Twist is embossed with the Sale-a-Bration (SAB) reward Softly Sophisticated embossing folder and the Pool Party is stamped with the honeycomb stamp.

I die cut each panel with the Patchwork Pieces die (found in the annual catalog) and then reassembled the pieces on a panel of Basic White alternating the colors. Then the finished panels are adhered to the card fronts; one in each color.


  I used some Stylish Shapes circle die cuts that I had in my orphaned card parts bin to stamp the sentiment and heart and then popped them on dimensionals.  The bees are stamped in Daffodil Delight and Memento black and the wings are Pool Party.  The pieces are all punched out with the Bee Builder punch and then adhered together and popped on dimensionals to the side of the circles.

  I had such a good time putting these together and they just make me smile.  Little bees with heart shaped wings and antennae??? Yes please!

  All of the products used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Bee My Valentine

Ink: Sweet Sorbet, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Memento Black

Paper: Lemon Lime Twist, Sweet Sorbet, Pool Party, Basic White

Accessories: Patchwork Pieces dies, Bee Builder punch, Stylish Shapes dies, dimensionals, Softly Sophisticated embossing folder (SAB)

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh!! These are all so pretty!!! Love the different stamped patterns on your "rays"!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at SUOC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these cards and how each one has such a different feel just by changing the card base color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These cards are amazing and such a great idea! Thank you so much for joining us at SUOChallenges.com and we hope to see you back today for our Valentine's Day|Love theme!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!