Thursday, January 25, 2024

Winter Love - Stampin' Up! Snow Crystal

   Well the weather in central Virginia keeps us on our toes!  We had snow and very cold weather all last week and today it's 70 degrees and so humid that my hair thinks it's July!  You really can't switch out your closet for the seasons here; you just leave your clothes piled up with no concern for what the calendar says as one day you'll be in longjohns and wool and the next capris and t-shirts. So with the crazy weather it's only fitting that I share a snowflake card on this balmy January day lol!

  Two of challenges that I follow have similar themes this week so I'm sharing this one over at Time Out Challenges and their "winter solitude" theme as well as at CAS on Friday challenge with their theme of "winter".


  This on was a doozy to try to photograph!  The white plus the white sparkly embossing was just too much for my skills!  Squint and pretend!  I started this winter beauty with a Basic White thick base.  I used the Perennial Postage dies to cut a large panel for my image.  The Snow Crystal is stamped in Versamark and then embossed with the retired Shimmer White embossing powder.

  I tied a piece of silver cord around the snowflake panel and then popped it all on dimensionals.  The sentiment from the Ringed with Nature stamp set is stamped in Smoky Slate and punched out with a heart punch.  I used my Smoky Slate stampin' write marker to lightly edge the heart with ink and then popped it with more dimensionals.

  All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking! Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Snow Crystal, Ringed With Nature

Ink: Versamark, Smoky Slate

Paper: Basic White, Basic White thick

Accessories: Perennial Postage dies, dimensionals, silver cord, heart punch, Shimmer white embossing powder (retired)




4 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous creation and a perfect make for our challenge. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Toledo, this is STUNING!!! I can only imagine the sparkle must be amazing in person! Gorgeous layout as well. I'm so happy you joined us this week at CAS on Friday, we love seeing your work and hope you join us again soon! Hugs!
    Kristin Sluhan CAS on Friday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply Gorgeous, Amanda!! Love it totally. Thank you for joining us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Amanda, this gorgeous card was an Honourable Mention at Time Out Challenges! Grab your badge and wear it with pride! Hugs, Kate(DT Time Out)!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!