Saturday, January 27, 2024

In the Sky Birthday - Stampin' Up! Hot Air Balloon

 With February coming in just a few days I really need to stock up on birthday cards.  We have 6 family birthdays to celebrate in the month and I need to be on my game to get all the cards out in the mail on time!  No rest for this card maker.  I used the theme challenge of "Sky" from the Addicted to CAS challenge to get me started on today's card.  With "sky" as the theme it wasn't a far leap to pull out the new Hot Air Balloon bundle!


  For CAS (clean and simple) cards I usually stick to a white card base to add to the 'clean' feeling and literally have "white space".  But white space doesn't necessarily mean white the color, it can be open and uncluttered space on the card having nothing to do with color.  So with the theme, CAS parameters and my need for masculine birthday cards I went with a Tahitian Tide card base to mimic the sky and have a nice solid background for my balloon to really pop.  

  I did score a 1/4" line on each side of the card front to make a sort of frame for some extra detail while still keeping it CAS.  A large Basic White circle cut with the Stylish Shapes dies is the anchor for my scene. It's popped up on dimensionals.

  The balloon is stamped in Real Red and Blueberry bushel and then die cut.  It's also adhered on dimensionals to the side of the circle.  2 white die cut clouds balance the the other side of the circle.

  Finally the sentiment is stamped on the card front in Blueberry Bushel ink and a few iridescent adhesive-backed discs in Poppy Parade (a very close match to Real Red) are added to bring a tiny bit of red to that side of the card.

  I love how this one turned out and the crisp colors and clean layout are perfect for one of the many birthdays coming up!

  All of the supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hot Air Balloon

Ink: Real Red, Blueberry Bushel

Paper: Tahitian Tide, Basic White

Accessories: Hot Air Balloon dies, Stylish Shapes dies, dimensionals, iridescent adhesive-backed discs



1 comment:

  1. I love the colours of your hot air balloon! It just pops in your sky! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!