Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Layer Cake Birthday - Stampin' Up! Hooray For Surprises

 If you stamp a lot of cards 'just because' (as in you don't have to get them in the mail TODAY) and don't necessarily have a need for them immediately you might have bins and bins full cards just like me!  But no matter how many cards I do have already stamped I tend to run low on birthday cards the most so I really have to make an effort to be sure to create birthday cards regularly so I have enough!

  I used the current color challenge at Just Us Girls to inspire me for just such a card.  I think these colors can easily run to masculine but the way my card turned out I think it can be for either a man or a woman.  Since the cake image is on the small side I kept the rest of the card clean and simple so it wouldn't get lost!  The challenge colors are teal, navy and green.  I translated those into the Stampin' Up! colors of Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy and Granny Apple Green.


  The card base is Basic White thick, then a layer of Basic White embossed with the Sale-a-Bration (SAB) product Softly Sophisticated embossing folder.

  I had a Stitched Rectangle in my orphaned card parts bin so I decided to use that as a base for my cake.  I stamped the cake from the Hooray for Surprises stamp set once in each of my colors and then fussy cut the layers and adhered them onto the rectangle. I added a candle in Night of Navy for good measure.  The flame is made by coloring the stamped with my Daffodil Delight and Coastal Cabana marker.  I backed the white rectangle with a layer of Night of Navy. And popped it on dimensionals.

  I wanted a small narrow sentiment to not overwhelm the smaller image and I had to search my sets to find one that was just right and I found it in the Sweet Songbirds stamp set.  It's stamped in Night of Navy ink on Coastal Cabana cardstock.  

  I used some retired Enamel Dot Essentials in Night of Navy to accent each corner of the rectangle panel.

  All of the current supplies used to make this card can be purchased or earned in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hooray for Cake, Sweet Songbirds

Ink: Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy, Granny Apple Green

Markers: Daffodil Delight, Coastal Cabana

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy

Accessories: Softly Sophisticated embossing folder (SAB), Stitched Rectangle dies (retired), dimensionals, Enamel Dot Essentials (retired)



2 comments:

  1. This is just adorable! Love these colors and your little cake is just the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wonderful cake. Great way to use our colors at Just Us Girls! Thanks so much for playing with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!