Sunday, January 22, 2023

Petal Sympathy - Stampin' Up! Petal Park

   I realized the other day that my stash of sympathy cards was getting pretty skimpy so I had that in the back of my mind when I saw the colors over at The Color Throwdown.  At first I thought they would be great colors for a guy card and they are, don't get me wrong, but to make it a true challenge I decided to go with a floral sympathy card instead.  What do you think?


  I think they background ended up being a bit busier than I had planned so I might have to re-create this one in the future and spread the background to have more white space.

  I started with a Night of Navy base then using a piece of Basic White I stamped the leaves in Basic Gray then filled them in with the 2 step stamp in Smoky Slate.  Then I stamped the open flower images in Basic Gray and filled them in with stamped off once Night of Navy ink.  Using the Petal Park Builder punch I punched out my flowers and adhered them to the panel.  I trimmed off the ones that were hanging off the edges and then added it to the card base.

  Using the coordinating Sentimental Park dies I cut one label in Night of Navy and topped it with another cut out of Basic White and stamped with the sentiment.

  I looped two layers of the Night of Navy Bordered ribbon to the side of the label and then added one of the punched flowers.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Petal Park, Inspired Thoughts

Ink: Basic Gray, Night of Navy, Smoky Slate

Paper: Night of Navy, Basic White

Accessories: Sentimental Park dies, Night of Navy Bordered ribbon, dimensionals, Petal Park Builder punch



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!