Saturday, January 21, 2023

Guacamole Birthday - Stampin' Up! Taco Fiesta

  I used the fantastic clean and simple sketch over at CAS Colours & Sketches to make this fun birthday card!  The Taco Fiesta set continues to delight me!


   I loved the sketch with 3 images down at the bottom of the card front and I thought that the smaller images in the Taco Fiesta set would be perfect.  As it is a clean and simple challenge I went with a limited color palette and didn't add any ribbon or baker's twine....which was hard but I resisted lol!

  The base is Basic White thick cardstock, then I added a strip of the 2022-2024 In Color DSP in a Parakeet Party polka dot pattern.  

  The images are all stamped in Memento black and then colored in with Stampin' Blends markers then cut out with a Stylish Shapes die circle.  I popped the images on dimensionals onto the DSP.  

  For the tortilla chips I stamped them on a small piece of scrap paper then colored and fussy cut them.  I added them to edge of the guacamole bowl with the top on popped on trimmed dimensional.

  Finally the sentiment was added while holding my breath that I wouldn't goof up right at the end.  The ink is a little darker on one end of the sentiment but that can't be changed now!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Taco Fiesta

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Basic Black light & dark, SU400, Old Olive light, Parakeet Party light & dark, So Saffron dark, Daffodil Delight light

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, 2022-2024 In Color DSP

Accessories: Stylish Shapes dies, dimensionals



6 comments:

  1. Fun card! Thanks so much for sharing your work with us on the CC&S Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that?! I love the cute yummy images and the vibrant colors, such a great take on our sketch! Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! This is one of my fav new sets!! Your card is adorable!!! Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy guacamole - another for my CASE pile now you've broken me Amanda and I've got this set!! I love this - the small images are just perfect and the pop of green makes this the BEST CAS card! Thanks for playing along with us over at CAS Colours & Sketches - so glad you shared!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How yummy and fun is this! What a cute idea. Can never go wrong with a bit of avocado or Guacamole! So cute. Thanks for joining us at CC&S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card!! I love those cute avocados!! Thank you for playing along with CC&S challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!