Monday, January 16, 2023

Handsome Turtle Hello - Stampin' Up! Playing in the Rain - Global Design Project 377

   The fabulous team over at Global Design Project has seen fit to invite me to be a guest designer for their newest color challenge which starts today.  It's such an honor to be asked to join them!  I get a ton of inspiration from the challenges, design team samples and each gallery! Hopefully I did these colors justice.


  I have to be honest that while I love the combo of colors, So Saffron is hard for me to use and I think the only time I pull it out is for challenges!  I even did an Instagram Reel a while ago about me and So Saffron!  I think I pulled it together for my card though! 

  

   Look at this handsome fellow!  I had a lot of fun with a bunch of new products to make this card.  

  I started with a Basic White thick base then added a layer of Balmy Blue topped with the Sale-a-Bration reward Dandy Designs DSP in a nice polka dot pattern.  Then I pulled in a wide band of So Saffon *pat myself on the back*.

  I had a bunch of Stylish Shapes die cut circles leftover from another project and the circle went with the DSP so I stamped the flowers from Playing in the Rain stamp set along the bottom edge in Basic Gray then colored them in a bit with Blends markers.  I used a blending brush to add some Balmy Blue ink to the top portion of the circle.

  The turtle is stamped in Basic Gray and colored in with Granny Apple Green Blends and then cut out with the Playing in the Rain dies.  I also cut 2 small flags in So Saffron to layer to make him a little bowtie.  The flags are supposed to go on the kite in the die set but this works too!  I popped the turtle on dimensionals onto the circle and then added the circle to the card front.

  I cut a few clouds from the white Textured Shimmer paper and added them to the circle with dimensionals.

  The final touches are the sentiment from the Sale-a-Bration set, Thanks a Bunch and a baker's twine bow.  The baker's twine was white and I colored it with my Balmy Blue Blends marker for a perfect match.

  Thanks so much to the Global Design Team for inviting me to join them this week!  It was a fun challenge that allowed me to use some of my newest supplies!  I hope you'll play along with these challenge colors and give me a lot more ideas for So Saffron because I need them!  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Playing in the Rain, Thanks a Bunch (SAB)

Ink: Basic Gray, Balmy Blue

Blends: Granny Apple Green light & dark, So Saffron dark, Balmy Blue dark

Paper: Basic White thick, Balmy Blue, Dandy Designs DSP (SAB), So Saffron, Textured Shimmer paper

Accessories: Stylish Shapes dies, Playing in the Rain dies, dimensionals, baker's twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!