Thursday, December 1, 2022

Jolly Christmas Lights - Stampin' Up! Jingle Jingle Jingle

   Who has their tree up already?  Do you go for white or colored lights?  We brought our tree in today and we'll get the lights on it tonight or tomorrow and then decorate.  We always do white lights on our tree but put some colored ones outside in the yard so I get the best of both worlds.  I think the way to go these days is get the fancy strands that have the remote where you can change from white to colors depending on what you feel like that moment!

  My card today has a ton of lights and I was so paranoid that I was going to mess up and do the colors in the wrong order.  Not that I think anyone would notice but me but I wanted to get them just right!


  I only made 5 of these because they were a bit labor intensive with the lights and then the fussy cutting of the letters.  And also it works out to 5 if you stamp the word Jolly in each of the 5 colors I used on the card so I didn't have any leftover pieces so there's that!

  I started with a Pool party base, then a layer of Garden Green topped with some Basic White.  I stamped the light strands in Basic Gray and then filled them in with my colors; Pool Party, Sweet Sorbet, Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo and Garden Green.

  The outline of the Jolly is stamped in Basic Gray and like I said I did it 5 times then filled in each with a different color then fussy cut and mixed and matched them on the 5 cards.  I popped them with trimmed down bits of dimensionals on a Basic White strip backed with some Sweet Sorbet.

  The "'tis the season to be" is stamped in Versamark on Garden Green and then embossed in white.  It is also popped on dimensionals.

 I added 2 die cut stars in Silver Glimmer paper and put a Sweet Sorbet baker's twine bow in the center of one.  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Jingle Jingle Jingle

Ink: Versamark, Pool Party, Sweet Sorbet, Coastal Cabana, Flirty Flamingo, Garden Green

Paper: Basic White, Sweet Sorbet, Garden Green, Sliver Glimmer paper

Accessories: baker's twine, dimensionals, Spruced Up Outlines dies (stars), White embossing powder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!