Friday, December 16, 2022

Cupcake Kitty - Stampin' Up! Best Day

  The Best Day stamp set is coming soon when the Jan.-April mini catalog is released on January 5.  If you are a cat lover I think you'll find several sets in this mini to be to your liking!  I needed to restock my birthday cards so Best Day made it on to my demonstrator preorder since it's nice to have something other than florals for birthdays.

  I used the Global Design Project challenge colors for this one; Blushing Bride, Tahitian Tide and Bermuda Bay.  They are a nice set of colors to celebrate a birthday!


 I started with a Tahitian Tide base then stamped the little confetti stamp along the edges of a piece of Blushing Bride using the same color ink.  I added a strip of Snowflake Specialty vellum to the center.  I thought the polka dots on the vellum were a nice match to the polka dots on the cupcake liner.

  I stamped the cat in Basic Gray ink on Basic White cardstock then colored him/her in with Stampin' Blends (colors listed below).  After it was colored in I fussy cut and mounted it on a Stylish Shape circle with dimensionals.  I tucked a piece of retired Bermuda Bay ribbon under one edge before adhering the circle.

  The sentiment is stamped in Bermuda Bay then cut apart and popped on mini dimensionals.  

  I'm thinking a lot of friends and family will be getting cat birthday cards this spring!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Best Day

Ink: Basic Gray, Bermuda Bay, Blushing Bride

Blends: Tahitian Tide light & dark, Basic Gray light & dark, Bermuda Bay light & dark, SU1000

Paper: Tahitian Tide, Blushing Bride, Snowflake Specialty Vellum, dimensionals, Bermuda Bay ribbon (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!