Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Dandy Owl Birthday - Stampin' Up! Adorable Owls

   I made a get well card for a little boy over the weekend and forgot to get a photo before sending it off so I tried to re-create it while I had all the supplies still out and it was fresh in my memory! I changed this one up to be a birthday card and I think with the colors I could consider this one another installment in Testosterone Tuesday!


  This is another card that uses almost all brand new products from the upcoming January - April mini and Jan-Feb. Sale-a-Bration.  I used the TGIF Challenges sketch for the layout but flipped it on it's side.

  The card starts with a Balmy Blue base and then almost a full card front of a piece of the Dandy Designs DSP which is an AWESOME Sale-a-Bration reward this time around!  You get 48 sheets of 12x12 paper in a wonderful set of colors and patterns that can be used all year round!  You can get it with a $100 product order starting January 5.  Think about going in with a friend to place an order if $100 is too much for one time; you can split the pack and you each would get 2 sheets of every pattern! I used a bit of the reverse side for the smaller piece of DSP.

  Next I cut a rectangle out of Basic White with the Stitched Rectangle dies and popped it on the card front with dimensionals.  The owl is also a Sale-a-Bration reward called Adorable Owls which has 3 super cute owl images and 3 sentiments.  I colored it in with Blends markers (listed below) and then fussy cut.  The owl is popped on dimensionals.

  The word bubble is new and can be found in the Jan.-April mini.  It's a from bundle called Conversation Bubbles which has a fun stamp set and die set with all different shapes of word bubbles.  I just used one of the dies and cut a Basic White center part and then a Balmy Blue frame.  I used it again to cut the shapes from a piece of foam adhesive sheet so I could pop the whole piece.  The Happy Birthday sentiment from Paradise Palms fits perfectly and is stamped in Memento black.

  The finishing bits are a few stars die cut from another of Dandy Designs DSP and added to the corners to match the sketch and a Parakeet Party Metallic Woven ribbon bow.

  I can't wait to create more with this new DSP and these owls which just have the cutest expressions!

 Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Adorable Owls (SAB), Paradise Palms

Ink: Memento Black

Blends: Old Olive light, Balmy Blue light & dark, Crumb Cake light & dark, Ivory, Mango Melody dark (retired)

Paper: Balmy Blue, Basic White, Dandy Designs DSP (SAB)

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle dies, Conversation Bubble dies, dimensionals, foam adhesive sheets, star dies (retired), Metallic Woven ribbon



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!