Sunday, February 27, 2022

Spring Blubirds - Stampin' Up! Free As A Bird

   Every spring we have a blue bird family take up ownership of the bluebird box we have up in our backyard.  We have a camera inside the box so we can watch all the comings and goings and see the eggs hatch and the baby birds grow and fledge. It's a fun thing to look forward to each year and really signals the start of spring for us.  We checked the box yesterday and there is the beginnings of a nest so I was inspired to make a card with some bluebirds on it.

  I used the As You See It Challenge for all of the elements on the card.  They have a design recipe which calls for pastel colors, twine or ribbon, embossing, and die cut or punch along with a thinking of you sentiment.  These items are perfect for a bluebird card!


  I pulled out a bunch of pastel colors and got to work.  The card base is Soft Sea Foam then a layer of Basic White, then another layer of Soft Sea Foam embossed with the Parisian Flourish embossing folder.

  Next I stamped in Basic Gray the birds from Free As A Bird onto Shimmery White cardstock.  I cut a sweet scalloped rectangle with the Stitched So Sweetly dies.  I colored the images using a blender pen and ink pads.

  I added a Blushing Bride twine bow and a sentiment also in Basic Gray.

  I loved working with all of these elements for a spring inspired card.  Now if only the weather would get with the program and warm up a bit!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Free As A Bird, Beauty of Friendship (sentiment)

Ink: Basic Gray, Soft Sea Foam, Crumb Cake, Fresh Freesia, Balmy Blue, Blushing Bride, Pale Papaya

Paper: Soft Sea Foam, Basic White, Shimmery White

Accessories: Parisian Flourish embossing folder, Stitched So Sweetly dies, Blushing Bride baker's twine 



8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Amanda! I love your coloring - and this is still my favorite bird set, lol. Love your recipe choices - you make a great cook! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So soft and pretty! The birds are colored so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so pretty. I love the colors on the birds, and the embossed background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colours you chose, Amanda! It has the soft new look of early spring! You did a great job colouring the birds and that embossing folder produces a real regency texture pattern. Your card reminds me of the Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet, Amanda! This lineup of bluebirds just makes me SMILE! We have two pair flitting around our property and they make me smile too! Thanks for playing with our AYSI recipe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, Amanda! I haven't used this set for so long, yet it's such a beauty - as you've shown. Love that embossed panel in behind too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amanda! This is awesome and you did the recipe proud! I love the bluebirds and they are perfectly paired with the embossing folder and twine! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda this is so pretty and the perfect combination of the recipe elements! Love the way the EF background frames your bird banach panel. Thanks for playing along with our recipe challenge over at As You See it this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!