Saturday, February 5, 2022

Coral Tulips - Stampin' Up! Flowering Tulips

   Yesterday was a very rainy day here in the Richmond area so I spent the day in my stamp room getting some samples made and playing along with a few challenges.  I've combined 2 challenges for my card today for a spring-like thinking of you card.

  The Global Design Project is a CASE the designer challenge and I cased the layout with the tilted panels and the water colored background as a base for my card.  The colors come from TGIF Challenges and I thought they would work well with the Flowering Tulips stamp set.


  I haven't made a ton of cards with this set yet so I'm still feeling it out and seeing how all the parts and pieces work together.  Sometimes when I'm playing around with a newer set I find it easier to get comfortable with it by using challenges as a base for the card design so I don't have to work so hard making choices and design decisions.  I can focus on the stamps and dies and seeing all the possibilities they offer.

  I started this one with a Soft Sea Foam base then added a layer of Heart & Home DSP flipped to the woodgrain side.  Next I water colored some Smoky Slate on watercolor paper and then flicked some splatters on it for texture.

  The tulip leaves and stems are stamped in Soft Sea Foam ink onto Soft Sea Foam cardstock and then die cut.  The blossoms are stamped in Calypso Coral with one layer being stamped off for variation in color.  Some of the open parts of the images looked a bit stark to me so I used a tiny bit of Calypso Coral ink and an aquapainter to lightly fill in the openings to soften them.

  Once I had all my pieces cut out I adhered them to the card front with the blooms popped on dimensionals.  The sentiment is stamped in Smoky Slate and cut with the Tasteful Labels dies.  I added a Calypso Coral sequin and some enamel pebbles shapes at the base of the tulip stems.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Flowering Tulips

Ink: Smoky Slate, Calypso Coral, Soft Sea Foam

Paper: Soft Sea Foam, Hearth & Home DSP, water color paper, Basic White

Accessories: Tulips dies, Tasteful Labels dies, dimensionals, sequin, enamel pebbles




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!