Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Monkey Love - Stampin' Up! Catch You Later

   Only a few more days to get Valentine's in the mail!  Make a few to send out to those loved ones who live far away.  I know they will appreciate get some paper hugs in the mail!

  I made this Valentine for one of my boys using the current Festive Friday challenge.  I used red, pink, ribbon, hearts, cute and stitching from their inspiration list.  Hopefully he doesn't find it too mushy since teenage boys don't usually go for that sort of thing lol!

  

  I started with a Real Red card base, then added a Basic White layer that was cut with the Stitched Rectangle dies.  Next I added a piece of Sweet Talk DSP to bring in a lot of hearts.  I tied a bit of Real Red sheer ribbon around the base layers.

  I stamped the adorable monkeys from the Catch You Later set.  I love this set because it has some cute images along with a nice variety of sentiments with a more casual feel.  Flowers are all well and good for a lot of cards but sometimes you just need something a bit more fun and light.  I colored the monkeys with the new Stampin' Blends in SU800 and SU400.  I love having more shades to choose from and the Natural Tones Blends really give a lot more options than what we had before.  Check out my online store to see all the new markers along with the fun new bundle Here Together. I filled in the background with Pool Party light and the vine in Granny Apple Green light.   Once the coloring was finished I cut out the image with a large retired heart die and then popped it on dimensionals.

  I stamped and die cut 2 hearts from the Sweet Conversations bundle and popped them on dimensionals in the monkeys hands.  I few weeks back I cut out all of the sentiments that were inside the heart shapes in the Sweet Conversations stamp set to make them easier to use and give me some flexibility with the images.  Since this card is for a teen I popped the sentiments right back in and stamped away.  You can't even tell that the sentiments are separate can you?  Check out this card here to see the hearts used without the sentiments.  Don't be afraid to trim your stamps to make them easier to use for how you stamp.

  The final touch for this card are a few silver enamel hearts that I found amongst my stash of retired embellishments.  They give just a little bit of shine to the card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today? 

Stamps: Catch You Later, Sweet Conversations

Ink: Memento Black, Real Red, Blushing Bride

Blends: Pool Party light, Granny Apple Green light, SU400, SU800

Paper: Real Red, Basic White, Sweet Talk DSP

Accessories: Sweet Hearts dies, Stitched Rectangle dies, dimensionals, silver enamel hearts (retired), Real Red sheer ribbon (retired), Hearts dies (retired)



3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a cute image, I think it would make anyone smile, even your teenage son! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a super cute card. Those little monkeys make me smile! The ribbon is the perfect finishing touch. So glad you joined us at Festive Friday this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Your card is so cute. Love those little monkeys, they just make me smile! Thank you for playing along with the Festive Friday Challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!