Sunday, July 4, 2021

Star Filled Birthday - Stampin' Up! Biggest Wish

  Gosh it's Sunday already and we are back at The Paper Players challenge with a brand new bit of inspiration for you!  Just in time to celebrate the 4th of July Anne Marie has us working with Stars and/or Stripes!  So fun and festive!


  I didn't need a 4th of July card so I made a star filled birthday card instead!  I arranged my stars in into lines and that's kind of like a stripe right so I can check off both parts of the challenge!  You can do either stars or stripes or both so have fun with it!

  

This design is another one inspired by an item in a catalog.  It was a kids bath towel that had these colors and the stars in a line so I went with it for my card.  The base is Basic Black, then a layer of Basic White embossed with the retired Subtle folder.

  I cut out all the stars in Poppy Parade, Bumblebee and Polished Pink using the Stitched Stars dies.  Then using the All Squared Away stamp set to stamp some of the backgrounds onto the stars.  I did stamp off the Poppy Parade ink because my pad was a bit blotchy (might be time to replace it!) so the design is a bit less defined on those.

  To get my spacing mostly even I used temporary adhesive to line my Basic White panel up on my grid paper and followed the ruler lines to find the center and did the Bumblebee stars and then measured out for the 2 outside columns. I think they are mostly straight but don't look too closely!

  The sentiment is from Biggest Wish and is stamped in Versamark on Basic Black then embossed in white.  I fussy cut around each word then popped it up on a strips of vellum that I tore the ends from for some texture.

  The final bit of detail is the few From My Heart faceted gems on the edges of the sentiment vellum. 

  Check out the Paper Players Design team blog for more inspiration!

Jaydee
 LeAnne
Claire
Joanne
Laurie
Anne Marie
Ann
Nancy
Debbie 

   Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Biggest Wish, All Squared Away

Ink: Poppy Parade, Bumblebee, Polished Pink, Versamark

Paper: Basic Black, Basic White, Poppy Parade, Bumblebee, Polished Pink, vellum

Accessories: Stitched Stars dies, Subtle embossing folder (retired), white embossing powder, dimensionals, From My Heart faceted gems

9 comments:

  1. Amanda this is one of those wonderful 'fits all' birthday cards - any person, any age, any colour scheme; I love it! The white-on-black fussy cut sentiment looks great against the colourful stars. Great job - happyy 4th July wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the stars...such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun and cheery birthday card, Amanda! I LOVE the design. This would be a great one to have on hand. It would brighten anyone's birthday! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...this is so fun (and I get inspired by stuff in catalogs too!) but I am SO impressed with your fussy-cutting skills! That sentiment is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mix of colors and fun design! Your fussy cutting shadow looks perfect! Such a fun card! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda, this is just perfect for anyone"s birthday!!! Love the colors and the vellum behind that bold sentiment!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this mix of colors, Amanda. Thank you for reminding me that inspiration can be found anywhere! This is a fun birthday card for just about anybody. Great design, too! Hope you're enjoying your week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amanda, there is so much to love about your card! The color combo is fantastic and the “stripes” of stars is so eye-catching and fun. This is such a great card to celebrate a birthday and would be fun in a variety of colors, too. I also love that vellum behind the sentiment. Thanks for rocking my challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card. I like the striped of stars and also how you used the vellum as stripes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!