Friday, July 3, 2020

Birds & Greenery - Stampin' Up! Birds & Branches - Fab Friday 193

  Well those 2 weeks have just flown by haven't they?  I've been away from my stamp room for a few days so it's nice to share a brand new project using new annual catalog items.  Even though Stampin' Up! demos just got to see the new holiday catalog I am still fully into the annual catalog.  Today for the new Fab Friday challenge I mixed and matched the Birds & Branches stamp set with the Forever Greenery DSP for a very nature-y look.

  Check out the Fab Friday sketch for this challenge:


 
  I substituted a branch for the banner but I hope you can still see the bones of the sketch!


  It was hard not to make a blue bird but I did it!   I tried to make the birds more like they are in nature with the male being more bold and the female more subdued so the one bird is Cinnamon Cider and Bumblebee and the other is black and Bumblebee.  They are both popped on dimensionals.

  For the branch element I cut the first one in Shaded Spruce then cut another in Just Jade and snipped some of the leaves off to add some extra fullness to the main one.  The Shaded Spruce branch is popped up on itty bitty bits of dimensionals and the Just Jade leaves are adhered flat.  I actually tried 3 different colors of berries until I settled on the Pretty Peacock ones.  I was originally planning to use the opposite side of this Forever Greenery DSP but when I flipped it over to add adhesive I saw the berries and decided that the ones on my branch had to match and that I wanted to use this design instead.

  The Stitched Rectangle is embossed with the Old World embossing folder for some texture and I trimmed an edge of a length of the Pretty Peacock scalloped linen trim for under the bottom edge fitting with the sketch.

  The sentiment from Forever Fern is stamped in Shaded Spruce and popped on dimensionals.

  I hope you'll check out the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team and see all the fabulous inspiration from them.  I always get so many ideas from them!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Birds & Branches, Forever Fern

Ink: Memento Black, Bumblebee, Cinnamon Cider, Shaded Spruce

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Shaded Spruce, Just Jade, Pretty Peacock, Forever Greenery DSP

Accessories: Birds & More dies, Stitched Rectangle dies, Old World Paper embossing folder, dimensionals, scalloped linen trim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!