Thursday, July 23, 2020

Sweet Glimmer Bow - Stampin' Up! Wreath Builder Dies

  My card today is a super simple Christmas card using one of my new die sets; Wreath Builder dies.  I found a bit of retired Christmas DSP and some retired Merry Merlot Glimmer paper and put them together for an easy design.


  The card base is Whisper White thick then a layer of Merry Merlot.  I topped that with a pattern of retired Joyous Noel DSP. 

  The label is cut in Whisper White from Tasteful Label dies. I stamped the sentiment from Itty Bitty Christmas in Shaded Spruce which isn't quite a perfect match to the DSP but once I realized I had grabbed the wrong color I already had the bow and rhinestones attached and I didn't want to re-do it. 

  The bow is cut with the Wreath Builder dies and is several bows pieced together to make a more full, round bow with 5 loops.  The Merry Merlot Glimmer paper is from the retired Joyous Noel Glimmer Paper pack which for some reason I seemed to have hoarded and should have used more of it when it was current! I popped the bow on a mini dimensional onto the label.

  A few small rhinestones in the corners of the label are the last touch for this clean and simple Christmas card.

  Definitely don't overlook smaller dies that are part of a larger set like the Wreath Builder.  Very often you can highlight small dies on their own with the right layout.  And clearly this is a good layout to use up some DSP as well!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Itty Bitty Christmas

Ink: Shaded Spruce

Paper: Whisper White thick, Whisper White, Merry Merlot, Joyous Noel Glimmer paper (retired), Joyous Noel DSP (retired)

Accessories: Wreath Builder dies, Tasteful Label dies, dimensionals, rhinestones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!