Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Simple Striped Thank You - Stampin' Up! Ornate Thanks

  It's always nice to say thanks and I've found that my thank you card stockpile is quite low and what I do have on hand is more fall themed so I decided to concentrate on getting a few thank you cards made and set aside.

  My local stampers have asked me to give them some challenges or inspiration for their at home stamping so I've been posting some sample photos from the annual catalog in our facebook group to get them started with layouts or color combos and of course I have to play along.  The most recent challenge card is the one on the top right corner of page 69 in the annual catalog which is a cute little square layout.

  I stuck with the square format and decided that the stripes were a fun element to CASE.  I pulled my colors from the CAS Colours & Sketches challenge which is to use Calypso Coral, Mint Macaron and Balmy Blue.


   I had some fun with my Stampin' Blends to make the background.  Clearly I have a tilt going on but I think the overall look came out nicely with the random wide/thin stripes.

  The card base is Calypso Coral then a piece of Whisper White embossed with Subtle embossing folder.  Next is the striped piece popped on dimensionals.

  I broke out my new Dainty Diamonds embossing folder to make the Balmy Blue flag.  It's a nice texture and I think it will pair nicely with the new Stitched Triangle dies. 

  The sentiment is from Ornate Thanks stamped in Balmy Blue.  A quick change of sentiment and this one can be for just about any occasion.

The embellishments were kept simple just like the inspiration card on page 69.  I dug through my retired sequins and found these which I think are from an old Paper Pumpkin kit and then I colored some small rhinestones with the dark Balmy Blue Blends marker for the centers.  And a little Calypso Coral baker's twine bow is the last thing.

  I think I will definitely try my own striped panels again and see what I can use to keep my lines more straight.  I did try a ruler but the tip of the wide end of the Blends kind of bled underneath for a sloppy looking line.  If you have any suggestions please comment.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Ornate Thanks

Ink: Balmy Blue

Blends: Calypso Coral light & dark, Mint Macaron light & dark, Balmy Blue light & dark

Paper: Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Balmy Blue

Accessories: Dainty Diamonds embossing folder, Subtle embossing folder, sequins (retired), rhinestones, Calypso Coral baker's twine (retired), dimensionals

3 comments:

  1. Love this card, your background is so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you created your own striped "designer paper"! :) Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S! I'm glad you found us, and I hope you'll join us again soon for another challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome DIY paper! Thank you for sharing your work with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!