Thursday, September 6, 2018

Kangaroo Love - Stampin' Up! Animal Outing

  My "cards to be uploaded" folder is getting a little full so I thought it was high time to get back to regularly sharing my cards again.  The first 2 days of school are under our belts and we've all survived.  If we can make it through Friday I think we'll be alright!

  I made this card quite a while ago when I was playing around with ideas for a class card.  The animals in Animal Outing are really cute and I love the fun patterns in the coordinating Animal Expedition DSP.


   I cut a few narrow strips of DSP and layered them on a Pool Party card base.  The kangaroo and koala are colored with Stampin' Blends.  And have you seen all the new colors they've released with the new annual catalog and in the Holiday catalog?  So fun!  For this image I just used neutrals but the colors are beautiful.  The coordinating thinlets, Animal Friends, makes it quick and easy to cut the kangaroo out.

  I embossed the sentiment from Another Wonderful Year in white on Call Me Clover cardstock and flagged the end.  Underneath the Call Me Clover strip I used a fun new die to make the zigzag stitched look on a piece of Whisper White.  The Sweetly Stitched framelits from the Holiday catalog have some fun dies and this stitched one will be used a lot in my stamp room I know!

  After popping up the sentiment layers and kangaroo on dimensionals I added a little baker's twine bow.

  Now I'm off to do some yardwork before it gets blazing hot.  I might need some reward stamping time later too!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Animal Outing

Ink: Memento black, Versamark

Blends: Light Crumb Cake, Ivory, Light Smoky Slate, Dark Smoky Slate

Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White, Call Me Clover, Animal Expedition DSP

Accessories: Animal Friends thinlets, Sweetly Stitched framelits, dimensionals, Pool Party baker's twine (retired)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!