Friday, September 14, 2018

Grateful Heart - Stampin' Up! Falling for Leaves - Fab Friday 146

Friday is here!  Woo Hoo!  We are stuck at home now waiting out Florence.  The boys had school cancelled and so we're hunkered down in the wet weather.  We're lucky that the storm isn't impacting us too much and we are thinking of all of our neighbors to the south and praying for them all to stay safe.

But since we're at home we're going to celebrate that it's Fab Friday challenge day!  We have a fun 5 (!!!) color combo challenge this time.


  At first I was like "no way is this going to work out for me!"  But then I started playing and came up with this:


  The Falling Leaves stamp set in the Holiday catalog is just begging to be used to make some custom DSP don't you think?  And it's also a great way to get all those colors onto one card!

  The card base is the always lovely Tranquil Tide.  Then I embossed a layer of Whisper White with the new Tin Tile embossing folder (love it!!).  And yes I know I used it for the last Fab Friday card too.  Told you I loved it! I used the Falling Leaves set in that card too but don't you love how different it looks with a change of colors?

  I used the challenge colors to randomly (but evenly) stamp different images on a smaller piece of Whisper White.

  The larger sentiment was stamped in Tranquil Tide and then cut with the Stitched Shapes circle.  I popped it up over a length of Tranquil Tide ribbon.  Using my Highland Heather dark Stampin' Blends marker I colored a large rhinestone and added it to the edge of the sentiment.

  I hope you'll give these colors a go yourself.  For more inspiration check out what the rest of the Fab Friday Design Team has come up with.  They always wow me!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Falling for Leaves

Ink: Tranquil Tide, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather, Balmy Blue, Powder Pink

Blends: Highland Heather dark

Paper: Tranquil Tide, Whisper White

Accessories: rhinestone, Tin Tile embossing folder, Stitched Shapes framelits, Tranquil Tide ribbon, dimensionals




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!