Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Sweet Rainbow - Stampin' Up! Nothing Sweeter

  I always try to get as much mileage out of my stamps as I possibly can.  I like sets that you can make a variety of cards with and have images that can cross seasons and holidays.  When I saw the Nothing Sweeter set in the holiday catalog I thought that this was a set that had a lot of uses besides just Christmas.

  I could see some early Valentine's Day cards with the hearts, and the present could just as easily be a birthday present as a Christmas present.  Add in the coordinating framelits, Sweetly Stitched, and the fabulous scallop and zigzag dies and there are a lot of possibilities here.



  A rainbow is always a fun theme so I decided to do a set of presents in 6 different colors.  I embossed the gift box onto Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, Pineapple Punch, Highland Heather, Balmy Blue and Granny Apple Green cardstock.  This is a great design to use if you want to show off a lot of new colors all at the same time as well!

After cutting them out they are arranged on the layered black and white card front.  The small happy birthday sentiment is randomly stamped across a strip of Basic Black and embossed in white.  The sentiment comes from the Picture Perfect Birthday set and is just the right size.

 Maybe once the weather cools dows a bit I'll be in the mood to use the Nothing Sweeter stamp set for some Christmas cards but for now it's fun to explore other possibilities with these cute images.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

  Stamps: Nothing Sweeter, Picture Perfect Birthday

  Ink: Versamark

  Paper:  Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, Pineapple Punch, Highland Heather, Balmy Blue, Granny Apple Green, Whisper White, Basic Black

  Accessories: white embossing powder, Sweetly Stitched framelits




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!