Friday, September 21, 2018

Falling for Blends - Stampin' Up! Falling for Leaves

I'm trying to get my fall card mojo going even though the weather isn't fallish yet.  I will be ready though when it does decide to cool down and not be so humid.  Might not be until November but I'm here waiting!

  The Falling for Leaves stamp set in the Holiday catalog caught my eye right away when I first got my hands on the catalog.  I always like a nice leaf set for fall and the fact that it has a few sentiments in a beautiful script-y font makes it a winner in my book.  I like the big maple leaf especially with it's fun pattern.  It kind of reminds me a bit a of Pennsylvania Dutch hex signs.

  I decided to use my Stampin' Blends to color in the leaf with some fall colors and make a get well card.  I never seem to have any get well cards when I need one and those are the days that I can't find the time to stamp of course.


 I used the recently closed Just Add Ink challenge for the layout.  The card base is Crumb Cake stamped with the large leaf also in Crumb Cake ink.

  The leaf is colored using the Stampin' Blends in Cajun Craze, Mango Melody and Cherry Cobbler.  After the leaf was cut out with the Details Leaves Thinlets it is adhered to a layer of Cajun Craze with a doily in the back.  I added a little knot of the new Braided Linen trim to the stem of the leaf.  This trim goes really well with Crumb Cake and is a nice neutral trim that's a bit heftier than the linen thread.

  The sentiment is from Itty Bitty Greeting and is punched out and layered with circle punches.

  All of the edges of all of the layers have been given a healthy dose of sponging with Crumb Cake ink.  I haven't sponged like that in a long time but I like how it adds to the rustic feel of this card.

  Just think of all the different color combinations you can make with the Blends on this one leaf!  I have a few extra images stamped just waiting for some color.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Falling for Leaves

Ink: Memento black, Crumb Cake

Blends: Cajun Craze, Mango Melody, Cherry Cobbler

Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Cajun Craze, Mango Melody

Accessories: Detailed Leaves thinlets, paper doily, dimensionals, Braided Linen trim,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!