Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Hardwood Autumn


  I saw a card on Pinterest last week that didn't use Stampin' Up! products but had some great elements that I knew I could replicate using only Stampin' Up!  Here is my version:


  The base is Crumb Cake, then a layer of Soft Suede.  The next layer is Crumb Cake again and it is stamped with the Hardwood background in Soft Suede ink.  The edges of the Hardwood panel are sponged a bit with Soft Suede ink.

  I used the Fun Fall Framelits to cut out 3 of the leaf shapes in the top panel and backed the cut outs with my colored pieces of cardstock: Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze and Mossy Meadow.  This is a fun way to use up some smaller pieces of scraps.  This easy technique would also work well with DSP scraps.

  Next I wrapped a piece of Mossy Meadow stitched satin ribbon around the top layer and adhered it a bit so it would stay put while I tied a linen thread bow on one side.  

  The sentiment is stamped under the ribbon in Early Espresso to make it a bit darker to show up better.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hardwood, Good Greetings

Ink: Soft Suede, Early Espresso

Paper: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Mossy Meadow

Accessories: Fun Fall Framelits, Stitched Satin ribbon, linen thread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!