Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Bold Star Thank You

It is a cloudy, cool and damp day here in Glen Allen.  I say it's the perfect conditions for stamping!  I'm in the midst of designing my stamp club project for next week but first I want to share a thank you card.


  Two fun things to note on this card.  First is the "shadow" behind the Crushed Curry star.  I just cut a second star out of Basic Black and offset the top star a bit and popped it with dimensionals.  This little step really makes the top star stand out.

  The second thing is that I kind of made myself some custom DSP to use with this card.  The original pattern is just the Bermuda Bay and Whisper White.  I just grabbed my matching markers and filled in some of the half circles in a random pattern.  I thought it was a fun way to use this pattern.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Be the Star, Lots of Thanks 

Ink: Crushed Curry, Black  Markers: Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, Basic Black

Paper: Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Confetti Celebration DSP, Crushed Curry, Whisper White

Accessories: Star framelits, candy dots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!