Saturday, September 20, 2014

Bright Hexie Get Well

  We have had quite the busy day starting with our local Glen Allen day parade followed by 2 soccer games in the very warm sunshine.  The boys played well and had a good time but I think we are all tired out from the full day of activity!

  You never know when you'll need a Get Well card so I like to have a few on hand; it makes it so much easier to get one in the mail in a timely fashion when you hear of someone in need of some good wishes for their health.

  This card uses the bright, bold colors from the current ColourQ challenge.  I balanced out the pops of color with a lot of white and still it's a pretty busy card.  I hadn't used my hexagons in a while so I thought they would work here.


 I inked up the Just Sayin' word bubble with the Blackberry Bliss marker omitting the sentiment inside.  After stamping the word bubble on Whisper White I stamped the "happy healing" sentiment from And Many More inside of it and cut it out with the matching framelits.  It's popped up with dimensionals over the hexagons.

  A Calypso Coral button with a bakers twine bow finished this card.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Six-Sided Sampler, Just Sayin', And Many More

Ink: Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Summer Starfruit, Blackberry Bliss  Marker: Blackberry Bliss

Paper: Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White

Accessories: Perfect Polka Dot e.f., hexagon punch, Word Bubbles framelits, dimensionals, baker's twine, button, corner rounder


 

1 comment:

  1. So so cute! I love your colorful hexagons all in stripes, sure to make anyone smile. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ColourQ, hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!