Monday, July 29, 2024

Iconic Birthday Candles - Stampin' Up! Iconic Imagery

   So I put away the Christmas DSP (for now) but I wanted to use the Iconic Imagery bundle again to do a birthday card and not use any of the colors that are part of the suite.  I saw this color combo over on Instagram the other day and noted it down.  It was shared as part the Stampin' Fancy Friday group and the demo who used it is Ashley Van Camp over at Design With Ink.  She always has beautiful projects that catch my eye!  The colors are Coastal Cabana, Lemon Lime Twist and Peach Pie.  Ashley used Gray Granite in the original combo but I just couldn't make it work on my card.  I'll have to try again with it!


   I was also inspired by Verena Shapiro who is one of Artisan Designers for Stampin' Up! She recently used this bundle and highlighted some of the smaller stamps and dies on hr cards.  The cut out star element especially is CASEd from her.

  Now that I've given credit where credit is rightfully due on to the details of my card!  I used Coastal Cabana for the base and then a wide piece of Basic White embossed with the Dotted Circles embossing folder.

  The 'celebrate' is stamped in Coastal Cabana and is fussy cut.  I inked up and stamped the candles and flames multiple time so I would have enough to cover the whole length of the celebrate.   Die cutting all those pieces was a bit fussy but I think the results were worth it.  That being said I think this is a 'one and done' design lol!

  The fun little elements are all made with the stamps (heart) and dies (small and large star, heart, label and mini stars) from the Iconic Imagery bundle and I just added them around the 'celebrate' before adhering it with dimensionals.

  Some 2024-2026 In Color Shimmer Gems are added around the focal point for a bit of sparkle.  Pro tip- the In Color Summer Splash is a close match to Coastal Cabana so I think embellishments in those 2 colors are interchangeable.

  All of the supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Iconic Imagery

Ink: Coastal Cabana, Peach Pie, Lemon Lime Twist, Lemon Lolly

Paper: Coastal Cabana, Basic White, Peach Pie, Lemon Lime Twist

Accessories: Iconic Imagery dies, Dotted Circles embossing folder, dimensionals, bakers twine, 2024-2026 In Color Shimmer gems

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, this is so cute....I have RESISTED this bundle but you're making me want it even more. I really like that little star cutout...that's what caught my eye too! SWEET!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!