Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Bird & Flower Birthday - Stampin' Up! Country Birdhouse

   I had a bit of time after my morning stamping class and decided to tear myself away from watching the Olympics for a little while and make a card.  I had the Just Add Ink sketch in mind when I started so I looked through my DSP and found a few pieces that worked for the layout.  I used up most of the Frames & Flowers specialty paper back in June but there was still plenty to use for this card.


  I pulled my colors right from the DSP and went with a Lost Lagoon base, then layered the strips of DSP.

  The bird from Country Birdhouse stamp set is stamped in Pretty Peacock and then colored with Stampin' Blends.  The bird is mounted on an Unbounded Love label.  The leaves are also in the Unbounded Love die set so I cut 4 of them in Pretty Peacock and tucked them under the bird.

  The flowers are in the Country Birdhouse die set and I used 2 different dies and Petal Pink and Calypso Coral cardstock then layered  them at the feet of the bird.

  I stamped the sentiment in Pretty Peacock and tucked that in under the flower. An Iridescent Faceted gem is added to the center of the flower for some sparkle.

  All of the supplies used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Country Birdhouse

Ink: Pretty Peacock

Blends: Lost Lagoon light & dark, Petal Pink dark

Paper: Lost Lagoon, Frames & Flowers Specialty DSP, Basic White, Calypso Coral, Petal Pink

Accessories: Country Birdhouse dies, Unbounded Love dies, dimensionals, Iridescent Faceted gem




3 comments:

  1. What a great focal point you created with stamps and dies, they compliment the background DSP so well. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card and bang on for the sketch at Just Add Ink. I love it when sketches make it easy to create a card and use up scarps. Thanks for playing and sharing with us at JAI this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sweet little bird. Lovely colours. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!