Monday, July 22, 2024

Christmas in July - Stampin' Up! Iconic Imagery

   I was out of town last week and I decided to pack some stamping supplies after looking at the weather forecast and seeing that a few days might be rainy.  I usually don't stamp when I travel as I just find it hard to decide what supplies to pack if I don't already have a particular project in mind.  There are just too many possibilities with all of the great Stampin' Up! products that are available! But I had recently received an order with some Online Exclusive products and I decided that if I just took those items plus coordinating card stocks and inks and some tools I might be able to design away from my stamp room and all my stuff!!  All week I'll be sharing what I created with the Iconic Celebrations suite.

  The first card is a Christmas card if you couldn't guess from the title!  I used the CAS Colours and Sketches layout for this one.  


  Not too bad...kind of gets me in the Christmas spirit even thought it's hot and humid here!  I used some very long retired cardstock for the base of this card as I had recently unearthed it in my stamp room closet after rearranging some things.  I always like it when it was current and can't think why I never finished it up.  Who else remembers Naturals Ivory?

  I used a bit of the Iconic Celebrations DSP in this Mossy Meadow striped pattern to die cut the tag.  The 'celebrate' is stamped in Cherry Cobbler, 'the season' is stamped in stamped off once Misty Moonlight.  I fussy cut the celebrate and popped it on dimensionals.

  The berries, leaves and snowflake at also images in the Iconic Imagery stamp set and are sized just right for this challenge layout.  The snowflake is also popped with the leaves/berries tucked underneath.  I did bring along my mini Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine so it made quick work of all the die cutting.  

A bit of linen thread is also added in a bow under the edge of the snowflake.  I thought it was a perfect 'natural' embellishment and not over the top for this clean and simple challenge.

  All of the current products used to make this card can be found in my Online Store.  Remember that the Iconic Celebrations suite can be found in the Online Exclusives section of the store.

Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Iconic Imagery

Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Misty Moonlight, Mossy Meadow

Paper: Iconic Celebrations DSP, Naturals Ivory (retired)

Accessories: Iconic Imagery dies, dimensionals, linen thread



4 comments:

  1. I like how you used the frame element, Amanda! The DSP really sets off the little christmas sprigs. Lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at CC&S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I don't bring stamping stuff on vacation either...but I do bring my catty to get new ideas! I DO remember Naturals Ivory (and White) and miss them! I really like the natural feel it brings to your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card. I love all the elements you brought together. The touch of blue with the traditional red and green is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your card with us at CC&S. Hope to see you here again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely design! So many small details to delight the eye. I love the mixture of pierced dot edges, torn edges and clean cut edges. Thanks so much for joining us at CC&S

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!