Friday, April 19, 2024

Thoughtful Sympathy - Stampin' Up! Heartfelt Hexagon

 My husband unfortunately had to send out a few sympathy cards last week so I wanted to restock my supply so I wouldn't be caught short.  I've said it before but making made to order sympathy cards is my least favorite reason to stamp so I always like to have some on hand already made to just send out without having to summon some creative energy on a sad occasion. 

  The new Thoughtful Journey DSP, available to customers starting on May 1, is beautiful paper to base a card around.  The soft watercolor scenes and restful colors are suited for so many kinds of cards but especially sympathy in my mind.

  


  I decided to use one of the scenes and frame it out because it's too pretty to cover it up.  The card base is Lost Lagoon, then a layer of Mossy Meadow and then the Thoughtful Journey DSP scene.  

  The frame is created with Mossy Meadow cardstock and the Deckled Rectangle dies.  The die cut is popped on dimensionals.  The sentiment from Heartfelt Hexagons is stamped in Mossy Meadow.  I promise that this punch and stamp set bundle will be available eventually!  I'm disappointed that the available date keeps getting pushed back because I want to show it off to my stampers in classes but so glad that it is carrying over to the new catalog.  I didn't use the punch this time but paired the sentiment with the new die set Unbounded Love coming May 1.  This set has 16 dies with 12 label/tag shapes and some leaves and flower stem accent shapes.  It will be perfect to highlight so many sentiments!

  I embellished the label with a Wild Wheat leaf and some Petunia Pop sprigs and a linen twine bow.  Sweet and simple!  I might have to use this same layout with a few more of the DSP scenes to finish the sympathy card restocking.

Current items used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.  Items marked with * will be available starting May 1, 2024 with the release of the 2024-2025 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog. If you'd like the opportunity to order these items early you can join my Stampin' Up! team and get preorder benefits!


  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?


Stamps: Heartfelt Hexagon


Ink: Mossy Meadow


Paper: Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Thoughtful Journey DSP*, Basic White, Wild Wheat, Petunia Pop*


Accessories: Deckled Rectangle dies, dimensionals, linen thread, Unbounded Love dies*

1 comment:

  1. This IS a great way to use these papers...I may have to CASE this for a class I have coming up soon! These papers are just so pretty and those dies are awesome! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!