Thursday, April 18, 2024

Sweet & Simple Birthday - Stampin' Up! Lovely & Sweet

   I don't make many square cards and I don't really have a reason other than I'm just so used to doing the A2 size that it's my default.  So it's good when a challenge has a square layout because it gets me out of the A2 box a little!  The Freshly Made Sketches layout this week is square and I made myself stick to it and not turn it into a rectangle!


  To go along with the sketch and the "fresh" standard of the challenge I kept this one very straightforward and used some gold and shimmer to make it pop along with the colors.

  I started with a Basic White thick base cut to 4 1/4" x 4 1/4", next I added a piece of the soon to be retired Textured Shimmer paper in Balmy Blue.  Apparently I loved this paper so much I hoarded it and hardly used it! No idea why as it's lovely and you get white and Shaded Spruce along with the Balmy Blue.  What's not to love?  And it's currently on sale for only $6 until April 30 or until it sells out!

  I stamped the large almond branch in Versamark and embossed it in gold.  Then I used colored pencils and a blender pen to color it in; Garden Green, Granny Apple Green, Balmy Blue and Pecan Pie.  I added that panel to the card front with dimensionals.

  The sentiment is from the a new set that will be in the upcoming annual catalog, Simply Said.  This set is perfect for beginner stampers as well as avid crafters who need an all purpose set.  The embossing looks funky in the photo but it's gold on Azure Afternoon cardstock.

  Current items used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.  Items marked with * will be available starting May 1, 2024 with the release of the 2024-2025 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog. If you'd like the opportunity to order these items early you can join my Stampin' Up! team and get preorder benefits!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Lovely & Sweet, Simply Said*

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Azure Afternoon, Textured Shimmer Paper (retiring 4/30/24)

Accessories: colored pencils, gold embossing powder, dimensionals



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!