Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Amazing Birdhouse - Stampin' Up! Country Birdhouse

   I didn't get this one shared before the challenge closed but I used the Color Throwdown challenge of Navy, Red, and gold for my colors.   I thought this one came out pretty cute; a bit country and a little bit elegant with the gold!


  Check out that new embossing folder Eyelet in the background.  It's such a pretty pattern and perfect for sweet background for these birds.

  I stamped the birdhouse in Early Espresso onto the new Country Woods DSP pattern in a nice blue.  I die cut it and then added the all the trims.  The Early Espresso trim pieces are stamped with the tiny woodgrain stamp.  The scallops are stamped in gold.  

  All of the gold accents are die cut from the soon to be retired Distressed Gold specialty paper.  Get yours now before it's all gone!  I love this paper and will hold on to the scraps that I still have left!

  And before you think that the catalog photos of Country Birdhouse are wrong or that you have a set that's missing a stamp this set only comes with one bird stamp.  I really wanted to have a pair  but I wanted them to look in different directions for balance.  I know I ask a lot lol!  So to solve the problem of only one bird stamp I used my silicone craft mat to make a mirror image!  It's so easy!  All you do is stamp the image directly onto the craft mat and then press your cardstock into the image.  Done.  Seriously it's that easy!  To get it die cut I simply held the image up to a bright window to better see the image and lined the die up and taped it with painters tape to stay in place.  The birds are then colored with Stampin' Blends.

  I had cut out the birdhouse opening earlier so I tucked one of the bird peeking out of the hole and then backed it with a piece of Early Espresso cardstock.  The other bird is perched on the edge of the house by some of the gold leaves.

  The whole birdhouse is popped on dimensionals.  I added a Night of Navy baker's twine bow and some gold sequins.  I wanted to use a smaller sentiment so I used the Sentimental Park stamp set and cut it apart and popped them on tiny pieces of dimensionals.

 Current items used to make this card can be purchased in my ONLINE STORE.  Items marked with * will be available starting May 1, 2024 with the release of the 2024-2025 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog. If you'd like the opportunity to order these items early you can join my Stampin' Up! team and get preorder benefits!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Country Birdhouse*, Sentimental Park

Ink: Early Espresso, Night of Navy, gold (retired)

Blends: Real Red light & dark, Crumb Cake light & dark, Daffodil Delight dark

Paper: Basic White, Early Espresso, Distressed Gold Specialty paper (retiring 4/30/24), Country Woods DSP*

Accessories: Eyelet embossing folder*, Country Birdhouse dies*, dimensionals, gold sequins, bakers twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!