Thursday, September 1, 2022

School of Fish - Stampin' Up! A Fish & A Wish

   School started for our area on Monday so it's been a week of getting into a routine to only have a 4 day week this week and a 4 day week next week for Labor Day.  I think my teens will be reverting back to square one on the "wake up for school" routine! Nevertheless the start of a new school year is to be celebrated.  I already had cards made for my kids that I forgot to give them last year (yes terrible mom!) so I didn't need to make more but I thought it would be fun to do the Just Us Girls Challenge anyway for a back to school theme.  

  I used the A Fish & A Wish set because I didn't really have any school themed stamps and I was thinking "a school of fish" and an encouraging sentiment could work.  Throw in some primary colors and the finished products isn't too shabby!  And I'm ahead of the game for next year now!


  I started with a Basic White thick card base then layered one inch stripes of my 3 colors snipping the ends at angles for some interest.

  Next I cut a Basic Black Stitched Rectangle and embossed the sentiment in white.  The Through It Together set has a whole bunch of encouraging sentiments.

  Then I stamped and punched the fish 3 times and added fins.  They are popped up on dimensionals onto the card front in a nice neat row.

  I added a few candy dots (because I will have them until I die apparently no matter how many I use!) to finish this one.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: A Fish & A Wish, Through It Together

Ink: Versamark, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Real Red

Paper: Basic White thick, Basic White, Basic Black, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Real Red

Accessories: Fish punch, Stitched Rectangle dies, white embossing powder, dimensionals, candy dots (retired)



1 comment:

  1. You are so creative! I love everything about this! Hope you are well! Hope the kids have a great year! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!