Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Sunrise or Sunset - Stampin' Up! Palms Dies

   I few weeks back I needed to make a congratulations card and I had been wanting to do a blended sky background so the time was right to get it done.

  I started with colors from a closed As You See It challenge (I ran out of time to get it shared).  The colors are Starry Sky, Orchid Oasis, Polished Pink and Petal Pink.  How perfect are these for a sky?  And do you think it's a sunrise or a sunset?


  After blending the colors onto a piece of Basic White with blending brushes starting with the lightest corner first I created a frame with a piece of Starry Sky and my Stitched Rectangle dies.

  Next I cut some palm trees and grass with the Palms die using black glimmer paper.  I popped those all up with dimensionals and added the stamped congratulations sentiment.  Swap out the sentiment for any type of card you need.  

  The upper corner seemed a bit bare so I pulled in a bit more Polished Pink with a piece of open weave ribbon adhered with a staple.

  This is a very simple card to make and the variations with changing the sky colors gives a lot of options for reproduction without the cards being exactly alike.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Inspired Thoughts

Ink: Starry Sky, Orchid Oasis, Polished Pink, Petal Pink

Paper: Basic White, Starry Sky, Black Glimmer paper

Accessories: Palms dies, Stitched Rectangle dies, dimensionals, Polished Pink Open Weave ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!