Saturday, June 18, 2022

Tahitian Snowflakes - Stampin' Up! Spruced Up

   The Colors Hues challenge this time is Blue and Green.  It doesn't matter what shades just using the blue and green.  I went with Tahitian Tide and Parakeet Party for a bright, fun Christmas card!  It's never too early to start making Christmas cards!  I promise you'll thank me in November if you get a head start now.


  This was my first time playing with the Spruced Up set along with the coordinating dies Spruced Up Outlines so I kept it pretty basic and had some fun with ink blending for the background.

  I stamped the snowflakes in Versamark all over a piece of Basic White and then embossed with with embossing powder.  I added Tahitian Tide around each one with a blending brush keeping more ink concentrated in the center and then lightening as I went out.  

  The ornament is stamped in Parakeet Party with a Tahitian Tide snowflake added for decoration.  The hanger bit and snowflake outline are cut from silver foil and add a nice little bit of shiny detail.

  The sentiment from Brightest Glow is embossed in white onto Tahitian Tide cardstock and popped up with dimensionals.  

  Embellishments are the Parakeet Party Matte Decorative dots and a bakers twine bow.

  This set is definitely one that will be getting a lot of use from me as there are a ton of different combinations and styles that you can do with mixing and matching the stamps and dies.  

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Spruced Up, Brightest Glow

Ink: Tahitian Tide, Parakeet Party, Versamark

Paper: Tahitian Tide, Basic White, silver foil

Accessories: Spruced Up Outlines dies, white embossing powder, blending brush, dimensionals, Matte Dots, baker's twine



2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Amanda! I love the tones of colors you used. Who new lime green and more of a pale blue would look so good together. Filing that idea in my color ideas folder! Awesome Christmas card! Thanks for playing at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your use of the challenge colors on this beautiful Christmas card! Thanks for playing at Color Hues Amanda !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!