Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Hippest Dad - Stampin' Up! Hippest Hippos **SNEAK PEEK**

   I had so many things on my business to do list over the weekend that I didn't really get to dig into my demonstrator pre-order until late in the day on Sunday.  It was my reward for checking so many things off the list!  I ordered mostly Christmas things but I did get the Sale-a-Bration set Hippest Hippos and the coordinating Hippo dies.  You'll be able to earn both of these items for free starting on July 1st!  I love every single one of the Sale-a-Bration rewards this time and really had a hard time choosing what to get.

  How cute is this little guy out in the water in his boat?  I'm using TGIF Challenges color combo to make this a great Father's Day card.


  I started with a Crumb Cake base, then a layer of Butterfly Kisses DSP.  Next is a Stitched Rectangle in Basic White.  I lightly blended a bit of Pacific Point ink onto the top portion to color the sky.  Using the little waves die I cut a few strips of Basic white and then blended Pacific Point ink to create the water.

 The boat is die cut from Crumb Cake and the propeller is cut from silver foil, the flag is stamped and then hand trimmed and popped on dimensionals.  The hippo is stamped and colored in with Blends markers and then die cut.  I gave him some cool Pacific Point shades and then tucked him into the boat.  I snuck in a punched cloud using the new Real Red & White glimmer paper that will be in the upcoming June-Dec. Mini catalog. The final touch is a Pacific Point candy dot to bring just a bit more Pacific Point to the card. When will I ever use them all up??

  There are so many great possibilities for this stamp set and matching dies.  It's a great addition to the cute and fun animal offering Stampin' Up! has right now.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Hippest Hippos (SAB)

Ink: Memento Black, Pacific Point

Blends: Crumb Cake light, Ivory, SU1000

Paper: Crumb Cake, Pacific Point, Crushed Curry, Basic White, Butterfly Kisses DSP, Basic Black, Silver Foil, White Glimmer paper

Accessories: Hippos dies, Stitched Rectangle dies, Cloud punch, dimensionals, candy dots (retired)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!