Friday, January 21, 2022

Watercolored Sympathy - Stampin' Up! Blessings of Home

  Unfortunately I had the need to make another sympathy card this past week.  This one started as just playing out with some inking techniques to make a background and before I had taken the card in another direction I found out I needed a sympathy card so I used the background I already had made and built the card up from that.


  I started with a piece of watercolor paper that I lightly brushed with Soft Succulent reinker and water for a very light band of color down the middle of the paper.  Then I dripped large drops of water and reinker from above for the large splatters.  Once those were dry I flicked smaller drops of reinker for a lighter splatter. When that was dry I inked up the smaller flower stamp in Gray Granite and then stamped off before stamping the water color paper.  Then finally I tore the edges off all the way around the panel for a soft look.

  I used a square vellum doily as the base for building up the rest of the elements.  Next are a few sprigs of greenery from Soft Succulent cardstock, then a small strip of retired burlap ribbon.

  I stamped the flower in Gray Granite onto another piece of watercolor paper and used Soft Succulent, Fresh Freesia, Daffodil Delight and Mango Melody reinkers to color it.  I die cut with the matching die from Flowers of Home die set and then popped it up on dimensionals over the other elements.

  The sentiment from Many Messages is stamped in Gray Granite and then adhered across the card front.  I added a few adhesive pearls to finish the details. 

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Blessings of Home, Many Messages

Ink: Gray Granite, Soft Succulent, Fresh Freesia, Daffodil Delight, Mango Melody

Paper: Fresh Freesia, Watercolor paper, Soft Succulent

Accessories: Flowers of Home dies, vellum doily, adhesive pearls, dimensionals, burlap ribbon (retired)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!