Thursday, November 12, 2020

Masculine Birthday Wishes - Stampin' Up! Itty Bitty Birthdays

   The rainy day yesterday gave me a bit of time to hang out in my stamp room and continue to chip away at my birthday card needs for November.  The Freshly Made Sketches challenge looked like the perfect layout for a nice straightforward masculine birthday card.


  I started with a Sahara Sand card base.  I embossed a piece of Pretty Peacock with the Tasteful Textures embossing folder for the mat layer.

  For the sentiments I cut a Stitched Rectangle out of Whisper White and then embossed the sentiments in black.  To line the sentiments up just so I put the stamps rubber side down along the edge of the rectangle making sure to space them evenly.  Then I used my clear block E to pick them up to stamp them in Versamark and then emboss.  This is definitely a design that you can't forget to use your embossing buddy because stray embossing flecks would detract from clean and simple look.

  After the embossing I used a strip of Plaid Tiding DSP from the holiday mini catalog in a nice Pretty Peacock/Shaded Spruce pattern to run along the one edge. A single length of linen thread tied in a bow is the only embellishment.  The top panel is popped on dimensionals.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Itty Bitty Birthday

Ink: Versamark

Paper: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Pretty Peacock, Plaid Tidings

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle dies, Tasteful Textile embossing folder, linen thread, dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic masculine card, Amanda! This is definitely being saved in my Pinterest board. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!