Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Bright Citrus Birthday - Stampin' Up! Cute Fruit

   I've got to re-stock the birthday cards in a big way so I've been making myself use some of the challenges to get to it instead of doing Christmas cards.  The CAS(e) This Sketch challenge is a really fun one for creating some custom backgrounds to show off a larger sentiment. 

  I decided to go with the fun citrus image from the Cute Fruit set and just do a random background in 3 colors.

  This card starts with a Flirty Flamingo base, then a layer of Basic Black to make the bright colors pop even more.  I used the Stitched Rectangle dies for the Whisper White layer then got to stamping.  I used Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green and Daffodil Delight.  The "rinds" are all full strength ink and the centers are stamped off once.

  The sentiment is made with the Well Written dies and is 3 layers of Basic Black glued together for a nice sturdy thick look.  

  The little 'to you' banner is made by using my black marker and coloring just part of a larger sentiment from the Itty Bitty Birthdays set.  I popped it with a dimensional after trimming the ends.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you vote today?  

Stamps: Cute Fruit, Itty Bitty Birthdays

Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black

Paper: Flirty Flamingo, Basic Black, Whisper White

Accessories: Stitched Rectangle dies, Well Written dies,  dimensionals



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!