Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Puppy Thanks - Stampin' Up! Happy Tails

  When your dog has to send a thank you card of course you're going to make it using the Happy Tails stamp set and Dog Builder punch.  It's a no brainer! 


  I don't think it's ever taken me so long to make a card!  The dog was stamped before we left for the beach (3rd week of August) and didn't get colored until we got back from the beach.  Then it sat while I had class prep and back to school craziness (the last 2 week) and then finally it got put onto a card!  You'd think it would have some crazy involved techniques or something!  Nope!  It's all basic!

  And let me tell you, black dogs are hard to color and hard to photograph!  It just seems like she ends up looking like a black blob with no features or details!

  The card layout came from Case This Sketch and I thought the long detail across was a good spot for a dog to sit.  I used a bit of Gold Foil for the strip as well as the heart collar tag.

  The "thanks" was die cut with the Well Written dies 3 times and glued together to make a thicker more sturdy element.  I used Gorgeous Grape for the purple accents as that's the color of Aggie's leach and collar.  I'm all about color coordinating!.

  The Sahara Sand colored DSP panel is from the Woven Threads DSP and was a nice neutral with a bit of texture.  They don't show up well but I stamped some paw prints across the front as well.  I stamped off once so the ink is very light.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Happy Tails

Ink: Memento Black, Gorgeous Grape, Sahara Sand

Blends: Basic Black light & dark

Paper: Whisper White thick, Gorgeous Grape, Whisper White, Woven Thread DSP, Gold Foil

Accessories: Dog builder punch, dimensionals, Well Said dies


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!