Monday, September 16, 2019

Classic Christmas Stars - Stampin' Up! So Many Stars

  I had a lot of time in the stamp room last week to really dive into my Holiday catalog products and I am loving everything so far!  With so many new products sometimes it can be overwhelming to figure out what to start with and what to make!  I was able to use some of the wonderful stamping challenges for inspiration and some focus for my designs.

  I always love the Freshly Made Sketches challenge but rarely get a card made, photographed and blogged in time to participate so I am excited to join in with this sketch that ends today.  Just in the nick of time!  The circles in the sketch seemed perfect to use with the So Many Stars bundle.


  I changed out the circles in the sketch and made them stars.  It was fun to mix and match stamps and DSP to make this Christmas card.

  The card front is a cool woodgrain pattern from the Come to Gather DSP.  I layered a strip of Soft Sea Foam across the front and added a sentiment in Cherry Cobbler from the Itty Bitty Christmas set.

  I used a variety of star die cuts in different papers and cardstock and added in some gold embossing to create these 3 lovely layered beauties.

  The largest star has a bit of the new Real Red curly ribbon accenting the one side.  This trim is not really ribbon but more of a soft yarn.  It's very nice but the name doesn't really fit!

  Even though the weather is still hot here in my neck of the woods be prepared to see a lot more Christmas designs this week!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: So Many Stars, Itty Bitty Christmas

Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Versamark

Paper: Come to Gather DSP, Wrapped in Plaid DSP, Soft Sea Foam, Shaded Spruce, Gold Foil

Accessories: gold embossing powder, Stitched Stars dies, Real Red Curly ribbon, dimensionals


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being named a Freshly Made Princess! I love your choice of stars and how each is unique along with the woodgrain background. I ordered this set and your beautiful card has made me even more anxious to play with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Princess of FMS! Love the colors and the stars.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!