Monday, October 22, 2018

Sweet Green Christmas - Stampin' Up! Nothing Sweeter

  I had some stamping time on Friday afternoon before the boys got home from school and I was able to knock out a few challenges.  It was good to focus on some Christmas cards to get the creative juices flowing for designing projects for my next class.  My stampers are excited to see Christmas cards and I always have more ideas than time/space when it comes to Christmas!

  I was inspired by the soon to be closing challenge over at Color Throwdown.  It's it use kraft, green and white on a card.  It was really hard to make a Christmas card and not put some red on it!  Might have to try a similar design with a pop of red ribbon just to get it out of my system.  I also used the current Freshly Made Sketches challenge again as I liked the circles to anchor the main images.


  I stamped the Call Me Clover card base with The Christmas Pines stamp set using Call Me Clover ink.

  Next I stamped the little gift box in Versamark onto Crumb Cake cardstock and embossed it in white.  I colored the ribbon with an Aquapainter and Call Me Clover ink.  I tested it first with the CMC marker but that ended up too dark for my liking so the aquapainter was a little less concentrated.  I added a layer of Wink of Stella for a subdued shimmer.  

  The Christmas tree is stamped in CMC ink on Whisper White.  I cut both images out with the Stitched Shapes framelits.  A little linen thread bow on the tree top brings a bit more of the Crumb Cake color to the card.

  The sentiment is stamped and embossed in white onto Call Me Clover cardstock and flagged before it's tucked under the popped up tree circle.

  I think this card design would be cute in a variety of color combos and mix and match the images in the circles to have a whole variety of coordinating but slightly different designs.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Christmas Pines, Nothing Sweeter

Ink: Versamark, Call Me Clover

Paper: Call Me Clover, Whisper White, Crumb Cake

Accessories: Stitched Shapes framelits, linen thread, Wink of Stella, dimensionals, white embossing powder




1 comment:

  1. Such a cute Christmas card!! Thanks for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!