Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Pine Tree Trio - Stampin' Up! Rooted in Nature

 As a Stampin' Up! demo sometimes I have to stamp way out of season to make samples to show at class.  I was playing around with some Christmas items from the Holiday catalog with the intention of making a few samples to have on hand and then the cart went off the rails.

  Do you see this card?  There isn't anything on this card from the Holiday catalog except the Cherry Cobbler twine.  Best intentions right?


  The card base is Mossy Meadow and then a layer of Wood Textures DSP that is embossed with gold stars.  The stars are from the carry over set Night in Bethlehem.

  For the main panel I embossed a bit of Whisper White cardstock with the Pinewood Planks embossing folder.  I added the 'tis the season sentiment in Cherry Cobbler and punched it with the Everyday Label punch.  The Festive Farmhouse cotton twine goes around the panel.

  The pine trees from Rooted in Nature are stamped in Mossy Meadow and then die cut.  I used the Starlight Thinlets to cut a gold glimmer paper star for the front tree.

  And sometimes when I have to stamp out of season I end up creating a card that I'm not completely thrilled with.  I'm going to have to give these colors and trees another go...maybe when it's a bit cooler it will come easier.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Rooted in Nature, Night in Bethlehem, Itty Bitty Greetings

Ink: Versamark, Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow

Paper: Mossy Meadow, Wood Textures DSP, Whisper White, Gold Glimmer paper

Accessories: gold embossing powder, Everyday Label punch, Festive Farmhouse cotton twine, Nature's Roots framelits, dimensionals

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!