Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Fall Birthday Wreath - Stampin' Up! Falling for Leaves

  I get a lot of inspiration for stamping in my day to day life.  I see cool color combinations at Target in the bedding and decor departments.  At church I look at peoples clothes and jot down the Stampin' Up! colors to try out.  When I take my mom shopping at the local quilt stores I always leave with a list of colors and photos of fabric designs.  I also seem to find colors or styles that jump out at me in the Company Store catalog.  This bedding is what inspired today's card.  I liked the cluster of leaves and flowers in the brown tones with the subtle pop of the bluish/gray color.

  I thought that the Falling for Leaves bundle would be perfect to create a mostly monochromatic card in this style.  The coordinating Detailed Leaves thinlets are perfect for a variety of leaves.

  Once I saw that the current Just Add Ink challenge was to use vellum I got to work!  The card base is Very Vanilla thick then a layer of Very Vanilla embossed with the Tin Tile embossing folder (my favorite!!).  Using a sponge I lightly brushed some Crumb Cake ink onto the embossing to highlight the beautiful pattern.

  The sentiment circle is Very Vanilla and I stamped the large leaf stamp in Balmy Blue (not quite the same as the bedding but SU hasn't come out with this bluish/gray shade yet!) after stamping off once.  It gives a nice light pattern behind the Soft Suede sentiment from the Colorful Seasons stamp set.



Next, I cut a bunch of leaves out of Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and vellum.  For the Balmy Blue leaves I stamped off once so that the image would be lighter.  I used tear tape across the back of the circle and then added my die cut leaves all around it.  I even added a few little loops of the Nature's Twine in Crumb Cake for some more texture.

  After all the leaves were added I popped the whole wreath up on dimensionals on the card front.  This wasn't a hard card to make just a bit time consuming with all the die cutting.  But I think it turned out decently.

  Head out into the world and see where you can find inspiration for your next card!

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Falling for Leaves, Colorful Seasons

Ink: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Balmy Blue

Paper: Very Vanilla thick, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Balmy Blue, vellum

Accessories: circle punch, Detailed Leaves thinlets, Tin Tile embossing folder, Nature's twine, dimensionals



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!