Friday, September 8, 2017

Warm Coffee, Warm Heart - Stampin' Up! Coffee Cafe

 It's time to gear up for our first weekend of the school year; soccer games, college football games, NFL football games and activities at church.  Whew!  I'm kind of tired just thinking about it all!  I've poured myself a big mug of coffee as I think I need a kick in the pants to get my day going!  In the meantime I'll share this card that we made last week at stamp club.

  The Coffee Cafe suite makes cute cards for all the coffee lovers in your life.  I designed this one with a sentiment from another stamp set to appeal to a wider audience; not everyone loves coffee (I know it's hard to believe but it's true!) but everyone would appreciate getting a card with a "you warm my heart" sentiment!


  The base is Soft Sky and is stamped in the same color ink using the new Burlap background stamp.  A piece of the Coffee Break DSP cut into a flag is the start of layering for the main elements of the card.  

  The coffee cup is stamped with Garden Green onto Whisper White and cut out.  The lid and sleeve are also stamped in Garden Green ink onto Garden Green cardstock and cut out.  Since I didn't get the coordinating framelits for this set (let's face it, these shapes are so easy to hand cut it's a no brainer!) I don't have the die that embosses the corrugated cardboard texture on the sleeve so I just used my Simply Scored to add the texture.  Easy peasy!

  After the cup was put together the sentiment from Sheltering Tree is stamped on a narrow piece of Whisper White in Soft Suede ink.  A little Garden Green heart from the Coffee Cafe set reinforces the sweet sentiment.

  The cup ensemble is popped up on dimensionals over a folded strip of 3/8" Shimmer ribbon in Pear Pizzazz.

   Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Coffee Cafe, Sheltering Tree, Burlap background

Ink: Soft Suede, Soft Sky, Garden Green

Paper: Soft Sky, Garden Green, Whisper White, Coffee Break DSP

Accessories: Pear Pizzazz Shimmer ribbon, dimensionals


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!