Friday, September 29, 2017

Rich Autumn Leaves - Stampin' Up! Colorful Seasons - Fab Friday 122

  I went to share a card the other day and realized that the last batch of photos I took of about 8 different card designs were so poor that I couldn't possibly post them in that state!  I haven't had a moment to re-take them as I had stamp club this week and that seems to take quite a lot of time to prepare for.  I am back with a card for Fab Friday though today!  The rest of the cards will have to wait for another day!

  We have a rich, autumn color palette for this color challenge.  They are perfect for the cool fall temperatures and changes in the leaves.  We've not had any cool fall weather and the the trees still have their green leaves here in central Virginia but I will be ready when things change with this great color combo!


  Cajun Craze, Tranquil Tide and Rich Razzleberry.  I can't wait to see what people come up with for these colors.  I never would have put them together but I like the end results.

  I went with the obvious fall leaves and the beautiful maple leaf from the Colorful Seasons stamp set is just the right image to emboss.


  Gold is a wonderful accompaniment to the deep jewel tones of the challenge colors.  We made a very similar card at my stamp club with just some slight changes and my stampers just loved the gold embossing on the leaves.

  After watercoloring the leaves I also embossed the frame from Labels to Love and punched it out with the Everyday Label punch.  The Rose Wonder 'happy birthday' works nicely in the gold frame.  

  The background is a piece of Woodgrain DSP which give this card a nice rustic look I think.

  Definitely head over to Fab Friday and see all great inspiration for these colors and then get to work on your own creation.

  Thanks for looking!  Did you stamp today?

Stamps: Colorful Seasons, Labels to Love, Rose Wonder

Ink: Cajun Craze, Tranquil Tide, Rich Razzleberry, Versamark

Paper: Very Vanilla, Woodgrain DSP, watercolor paper

Accessories: Seasonal Layers thinlets, gold embossing powder, dimensionals, Everday Label punch, Natural trim gold

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!